Friday, January 10, 2014

Fitness Reflection: Change in ONE year!

Hey there friends! Well, last year I started on this adventure. The adventure of 29. . . which meant 30 was just around the bend! Eeek! I've not yet been nervous about turning 30, but I did promise myself to be in the best shape of my life by the time I was 30. Not a goal I loosely held in my head, but one I thought of daily in 2013. In what I ate, what I did, how I spent my time. One day I even clocked out of work, poured a bath for myself, got in, sat there for two minutes. . . . . got convicted for not working out. I literally GOT OUT of the hot bath in the middle of December and got my butt to the gym. Came back, poured another bath, and fully relaxed knowing I DID what I set out to do!

Well, here it is, before and after pictures. December 2013 when Thom and I went to Puerto Rico, the middle of last year, and now. I can say with 100% guarantee that I feel stronger, have more endurance, healthier, sexier, and all around BETTER! If you're working towards a goal this New Year, STICK WITH IT!








There you have it! I lost 20 pounds at first but gained 5 back in muscle by the end of the year. Feeling so good! I can do more pushups than ever, which have always been a struggle for me. I can run faster too! I'm looking forward to my fourth year in the 25K Riverbank Run in Grand Rapids. I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for me. If you've been following me you know my interval training/HIIT style work outs. Well, my personal gym has been watching me transform as well and has asked me to start teaching my bootcamp this year! I start this Tuesday and cannot WAIT to see what's in store for 2014!

For a little nugget of inspiration, I kept this on my desktop for most of 2013. It may help you too! The saying alone keeps me from turning off my computer and doing something other than getting my butt in gear!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you Rose, you have been a wonderful inspiration and never fail to motivate me!! I can't thank you enough for being my workout partner, you let me start at my level but always challenged me to be my best by simply being your best! I am so excited to keep making changed towards the strongest, healthiest me yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE! This says Anonymous but I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and assume it's Gineva :) It's been a blast working out with you too. I'm so happy we're still going strong 6 months running!

    ReplyDelete