Thom and I filled up the cooler yesterday, threw some beach chairs on our back, grabbed the dog and flew down to Grand Haven's Dog Beach. It was a perfect brilliant sunny day. Set up camp, and then threw the frisbee around a bit. After working up a little sweat, hoped in the sparkling water.
Hit up a little yoga on a log that had washed up to the sand bar. Amazing day!
So, if you're looking for a new vacation spot, check out Grand Haven. It's gorgeous. The people are cool and relaxed. There's plenty to do for all ages. My favorite places in town:
- Sushi at The Grand
- Paddle Board Rentals at The Wet Mitten
- Puppy Socials at Must Love Dogs with Tonya (who doesn't love watching a ton of puppies run around?)
- JW's food is awesome, you have to check out this local food spot
- WHATEVER YOU DO, get breakfast at The Morning Star Cafe. You will not regret it.
- Check out the shops downtown. There's really something for everyone these days. With Lee & Birch for men, Gliks for the hip teens-20 somethings (heck my mom get stuff there) and Down to Earth for the hippie/fashionistas.